Saturday, August 29, 2015

Oh no! 10 Failed to change jobs

They got nowhere, your boss ignores you, your ideas will not hear and the content no longer fits? Then switch the location. But beware! Recruiter Lutz-M. Busch from Hitec-Consult warns applicant.
"I have misled me by the higher salary!"

Candidates are changing today's unwisely employers. Often are not the work content, which should give a motive change your mind, placed in the foreground, but chosen monetary incentives as the basis for the change. A fallacy is often punished, because goals can be unrealistic and what if the next recruiters calling? The spiral "more money" is finite. At the latest after the second financially motivated change the hiring HR is clear whom he has to sit there in front of him.

"I did not listen to my gut feeling!"

In the interview can come to feel that you do not fit together somehow. It can leave a strange gut feeling of potential supervisors, peers, employees. This should be followed in case of doubt.

"I left the needs of my family aside!"

Even during the application rounds run, you should involve the whole family. After going on a new professional challenge, it is often too late for corrections. It can be a relocation be required or you opt for a weekend relationship and takes an apartment at the official residence. Possible change of school children has often been ignored. Result: The new work will be abandoned and the resume is "dirty" for the first.


"I have confidence in the new title and the new location!"

Listen to the HR managers


Interview sentences like: "The promised personal responsibility was not given to me. The title is because more than it really is. I was deceived by the company. "He is questioning precisely how the situation of the candidate is or has shown. With the right questions for the candidate even difficult situations can be investigated and dealt with surprises of this kind. It should be prepared.

"I did not previously recognize that I'm not suited to the task!"

The estimate of one's own skills and interests should be the basis of a change. The family planning can be an additional challenge. Trying new activities or divisions later in the career can have self-destructive character. I switch example from marketing in the sales and do not come clear with the pressure by targets, controlling and documentation, I am quickly available to the market.

"I only got offered a temporary contract!"

Why ? Part-time, permanent employment, etc.? There are pushed up in the final discussion of the application process is still very important things to clarify. Better early ask for important basic conditions. The new job may otherwise be a sham.

"I have a non-competition clause or a long period of notice is not taken into account!"

Have I checked my own contractual conditions right? Can I start at the desired time at all? An existing contract can be structured so that the already aggregated decision may fail to change jobs. Caution is warranted.

"I have trodden the continuity of my curriculum vitae with your feet!"

"I have three times unlucky, because the company was taken over, has gone bankrupt or I have the honor not understood me with my superiors short change are unfounded in my person." A fallacy: HR may use these steps in the paper form already as a criterion for rejection, and even in a personal conversation you will rarely accept this argument. It does not matter how frequent changes come about. Applicants who quickly lose their nerve and rapidly change jobs, especially in difficult situations or monetary reasons, have at some point no more chance of getting a new job.

"I have changed jobs without seeing the financial losses!"
Reading the own contract makes sense not only in terms of non-compete obligations. There, in front of a job change to look at times, what bonuses, shares, stock options or pension benefits may be lost is just as interesting. These losses should offset through the new content. A common mistake is that applicants often want the individual components with the prospective employer to negotiate separately. It should not be forgotten that, for example, stock awards at many, logically, in unlisted companies, not always reflect exit all "Benefits" on the content and not claim individually! This can still leave for job changes at worst a bad aftertaste, which then cannot even lead to the failure of the negotiations.

"I did not inform me in advance sufficiently about the company!"
Everything today is in life and in job changes a matter of the right information. Possible bankruptcies and takeovers cannot be foreseen. The presumption of innocence of many applicants for one's own "omission" is a fallacy here. Besides the obvious figures takeovers often indicate by press releases. A brief search on the Internet will help here mostly already. Thus, faulty substitution are such reasons are not always so easy to explain how it introduced many.    



No comments:

Post a Comment